Friday, November 7, 2008

It’s all about Attitude!

Attitude Really Is Everything!

I can’t tell you how many times I’ve heard people say to either one of my daughters who are now 30 and 31 years old, while we were hanging out together, “Oh my God... That’s your Mom? I thought she was your Sister or one of your Friends”! Or, while taking one of my 2 adorable G-Sons out for a little one on one fun, someone saying to me after one of them calls me G-Ma, “You’re his grandmother?!! You look like you could be his Mom! I can’t believe you look like that! How do you do it?” While I'm certainly far from perfect, compliments like that will always make my day, and more importantly, they let me know that I must be doing something right! It’s really nothing more than getting out and being active, being bold... not old, doing things I’ve never done before, trying to eat right, having a regular exercise routine, and always trying to stay positive and knowing that I can accomplish anything I put my mind to.

Some of those people will usually say to me “It must genetics, right?”, or, ”How do you stay so physically fit and young looking?”, or maybe they’ll say something a little negative like “I’ll never look like that when I’m your age, heck, I don’t even look like that now!” And someone will always say “I’m always so tired, I don’t have the energy or the time”. This kind of thinking has got to stop! It’s time for an attitude adjustment!! You have to remember that you really can do anything, if you think you can. Think about who you want to be, then, make it happen. You have to be confident, and willing to make some good changes in your life, and there’s no better time to start than now. It’s never too late!

While you’re probably not going to get from point A to point B overnight, getting rid of that negative thinking and putting some positive energy into your life will make all the difference... take it from me! It’s definitely changed my life! Remember, If you always think you can’t, you never will. I always tell people to be bold and try something different, to set a goal, and try not to look at the “Big Picture” all at once, because sometimes it can be a little overwhelming when that distance from A to B looks way too big or even a little scary to accomplish. Don’t be intimidated by trying something new or out of your comfort zone. Take a deep breath, and just do it! Take baby steps, keep moving toward your goal, and before you know it, that “Big Picture” really isn’t that “Big” after all and soon those compliments will start coming your way!

Life can be like a roller coaster sometimes, full of ups and downs, and lots of thrills, it can even be a little scary, but just know that attitude really is everything! So jump in, throw your arms up, don’t let anything stop you, and just know that in the end... it’ll be well worth the ride! Whooo Hoooo!!

No comments: